View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Squirrel View Post
First, get the car up to normal oil temperature by going up on the freeway and stomping a Mustang. (That last part is not per the manual).

Disconnect the O2 sensor plug connection on the left-hand side at the rear of the
engine compartment.

On the SENSOR end of the plug, check the voltage between the terminal with the Green wire and engine ground. It should be in the range of 0.1V to 0.95V. If it is running rich, it should be somewhere around the 0.8V to 0.95V range.
I stand corrected....Speedy is right re: the voltage. I think I said just the opposite in post #2. The higher the voltage, the richer the exhaust mixture. I used to have a chart somewhere that compared O2 sensor output voltages to AFR's...will have to look for it.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)