View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn H View Post
I happened to be in the staging area when this car was coming up to the block. I walked up on stage as it rolled up to be auctioned. This was a misplaced European exotic in an American Muscle Car auction. The bidding went fast. Some on this board may disagree, but I'm still telling myself that I got a stunning car for a good price. The car lived its life in California and Oregon. The slant is not factory, but everything is metal. The finish is truly show car quality.

I might take it to a couple shows first, then take it to driver's schools and run it the way she want meant to be run. As my brother would say "Drive it like you stole it!". I'm not new to driver's schools, but new to Porsche and will start out conservatively until I'm certain that I have the trailing throttle over steer and turbos boost under control before being stupid. (Easier said than done).

I know I will be using this knowledgeable group to guide me through my new Porsche ownership and maintenance experience. I try to do all the mechanical work myself. I will try to find previous posts on subjects the best I can, but I may still post questions that have already been thoroughly beaten to death. If I do, I apologize in advance.

Lyn
I was close by the computer when that one came up ready to bid if it was really low. I love the car based on the pics and I think you got a very reasonable deal. My old yellow 930 sold there on Sunday. BJ as you mention, is not the venue to sell Porsches. You are right where I was a year ago. Enjoy. Turbos are a blast and I have truely enjoyed working on them all while learning and getting my high school mechanic's skills back.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)