View Single Post
I've gone native

Quote:

Quote de tailwind22

So you were the lucky bidder on this slant nose at the Barrett-Jackson? It certainly caught my eye also. Did you bid in person or off site?

I happened to be in the staging area when this car was coming up to the block. I walked up on stage as it rolled up to be auctioned. This was a misplaced European exotic in an American Muscle Car auction. The bidding went fast. Some on this board may disagree, but I'm still telling myself that I got a stunning car for a good price. The car lived its life in California and Oregon. The slant is not factory, but everything is metal. The finish is truly show car quality.

I might take it to a couple shows first, then take it to driver's schools and run it the way she want meant to be run. As my brother would say "Drive it like you stole it!". I'm not new to driver's schools, but new to Porsche and will start out conservatively until I'm certain that I have the trailing throttle over steer and turbos boost under control before being stupid. (Easier said than done).

I know I will be using this knowledgeable group to guide me through my new Porsche ownership and maintenance experience. I try to do all the mechanical work myself. I will try to find previous posts on subjects the best I can, but I may still post questions that have already been thoroughly beaten to death. If I do, I apologize in advance.

Lyn
Congrats, slants are cool.
Enjoy the 930, the last "man's sports car".
Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)