Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn 549 View Post
Fool born every min to pay that much for a muffler.....JMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn 549 View Post
If you will buy these for 800 a whack I will, make you as may as you want ! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Then I guess that would make me a fool as I paid close to that for a similiar one in excellent condition. New they were over $1500 in the 80's. They don't come up for sale that often. In my case, my car has many Ruf items so I decided to continue the trend. They are better options out there but for someone who digs the nostalgic factor it's a cool piece to have(at least for me). Different strokes for different folks.
Well....
I'm that "fool" who purchased the Ruf dual outlet muffler. As speednme1 aptly put, new, they are prohibitively expensive. Frankly, I don't know why some complain about an eight hundred muffler when some turn around and buy a B&B muffler for $1000+ that have proven to be somewhat restrictive flowing exhaust gases. Don't get me wrong; the B&B has a good exhaust note, but I have decided to "tone it down a bit" in my old age.
I purchased the muffler for two reasons. One, it is period correct for the car that I own. Secondly, it has a nice exhaust note. A friend of mine owns a Ruf 3.4 turbo and I was impressed with the exhaust note. Nice subtle rumble at idle and a very nice exhaust note under full load.

With all that said, I'll be selling the B&B headers, B&B single-in/single-out 930 exhaust system and Tial wastegate in the Spring once I get the stock heat exchangers refurbished and the engine dropped.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)