View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell View Post
I have had new dme relays fail.....mainly due to the fuel pump pulling to much current, is the relay getting very hot?
When the car stalls is the fuel pump running? The car will run for about 5 seconds after the pump shuts off.....meaning if the dme relay is failing it can cause just the pump to lose power.

But I think there is something going on with the temp sensor.....check it's resistance at the sensor with it unplugged, then check the resistance at the dme (with sensor plugged in and dme unplugged) it should read the same, if not it could be a ground issue......

Do as mentioned, with it unplugged let it idle up to warm then plug it in...and see if it gets better.....

I know for a fact when the engine is cold and the sensor is unplugged it will run exactly as you describe....
I'll test the resistance and report back. I can't start the car again until tomorrow since it's almost 11 and my car is loud as crap with no O2 sensor and rice can the PO put on.

Edit- The reading at the sensor was 4.75k ohms. At the DME it was 4.76k ohms. I had to go inside for a few minutes to find a labeled picture of the DME connector/grab a jacket, so the temperature may have dropped in the 10 or 15 minutes I was inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWater View Post
Don't give up. I have wanted to set my car on fire MANY times. Sometime I wish the fuel line would brake while I'm drive to collect the insurance money. But when the car is running right, they are a blast and you will be glad that you didn't light it on fire. No real help here, but good luck.
I've never had the car safe enough to drive more than around the block (brakes are FUBAR'd from the PO racing it), so I've never really had the chance to enjoy the 944 experience Once the brakes are finished (working on it right now) and I get this solved then maybe I'll get to enjoy my car...

Last edited by Chunkerz; 02-05-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)