View Single Post
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirevtuner View Post
Like I said... Interested in why you would not do it the right way when the engine was out?
Hack jobs are just that. I supose that's why some job's are DYI and some are tradesman quality. I now get when a car is for sale people want to know if the owner maintained it or a proper mechanic looked after it. This is a great example.
Not trying to be hard on you but there is the right way and the hack job way. You should always try to be proud of the work you do. Not just take the easy way out and see if it works since it can come back to bite you in the ass like this.
I have bought cars in the past repaired by means like this and cursed a few words. No respect for the work done.
Pretty harsh bro.
Keep in mind, there is nothing hacked though your idea of hacked might be diffrent than mine I guess. My idea of hacked is to ruin something and render it unrepairable. This nose bearing is not hacked in this way at all. It is going to be this way till I split the case however(not splitting for years) as this area is Not as bad as it looks in that picture. Bright lights on freshly scrapped aluminum looks pretty hacky I guess.
The professional fix is to resplit the case. I'm just going to live with this area as is till the rest of the engine needs more. That will take a long time though as it has fresh bearrings and stock compression. And I don't run high boost. I built this engine to last and I believe it will. Sad that I didn't seal it correctly in the first place, but thats what it is. If I paid someone $12k to build this, I would be pissed! But since I did it, and saved some cash, I'm going to be just live with it as long as I can. I am bummed, but also happy with my car, It's awesome and I don't feel worthy of it. I deffinately don't consider it a hack car, I have spared little expense short of splitting this case three times in this build of this car.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)