View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
So I got it in last night and filled it with oil and started it today. It's more quiet (Rockers) which is great, Leak from the scavange is no more, Other leaks seem better as well, but the one thast ost irritated me is still present though greatly deminished. Still bums me out though. The Issue must be from the seal. See pic of the squishewd out rubber. This picture is of the second sesal not the last one but is for reference of what I'm thinking the leak is from.

The toyota sealant would not have let anything past it this quickly (couple short drives).
I'm also loosing boost over .5bar but thats easy. Love the EGT gauge but still need to install the AFR bung after the turbo so it's sitting there doing nothing.
The damaged new seal definitely needs to be replaced. You need to make sure that the flange surface for the seal within No. 8 bearing has no imperfections (i.e. scratches) including the chamfered portion. Otherwise the outer portion of the new seal may get damaged during installation. If there are imperfections then I would make sure that the chamfered portion of No. 8 bearing is smooth and use sealant that won't harden (Curtil?) within the flange surface of No. 8 bearing for the seal prior to installing the new seal.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)