View Single Post
Bad LT

The next morning at 0530 I was at the car ready to rock. Now they say on the boat in big signs everywhere do not start your car until told so. This is all well and good for modern EFI cars but an old cold 911 angry with two banks of Webers is not a modern car. I looked for one of the deck hands to ask if I can start it up just a little early and warm it up so I don't hold others up. I get a flat "Nah mate" turns his back and walks off. I lol and tell him as he walks off "Ok but be it on your head"
Time to go. Now it starts first kick every single time. Moving it is another matter. Cough bang slutter stall. Restart. Cough bang move stall repeat. Old mate walks back and gives me the WTF look. I start the car wind down the window and give him the your a retard look. lol.
The leg home.
I drove to the airport to pick Jim up. Its a cold over cast but nice day and the airport is not all that busy so I park out the front of the Park Royal and tell him to look for the Subtle Blue 911. He found it very quickly.
We have a few mates from another forum in the ACT so had planned to drive to their place stay the night have some dinner a few beers and then the final leg home. All went according to plan other than the shift getting worse and the fact that every time SW drove the car and hit a ripple stip the fuel cap would pop up. This has still never happened to me lol.
A good night was had and we rolled home the next day. I was not until I got within 100klm from home that I really relaxed with the car as if it broke it would be a cheap tow lol.
As we hit Newcastle the shift was really getting hard but I got it home and parked it up. Total klms was just under 3000klm since the day I got it. That night I sat in the shed with a single malt and just took in the car. I'd fix the shift later.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)