View Single Post
Bad LT

Drove the car for the first time today after putting in the Tarret Engineering billet RSR engine mounts in. WOW. So much better. I try and only do one mod at a time so I can gauge the improvement if any. Well after rebuilding the shifter coupling I have only driven the car once but it was not quite in the right spot. So the shift was not 100%.
Well I did the mount swap made a small tweak to the coupling and left the car as I was dong other stuff on it.
Today I took it for a drive and everything feels better. Better clutch feel. Better throttle feel. Better shift. The car had Nolathan mounts in it but I don't think they are much chop. Later in the week I'll try and get around to fitting the new Porsche factory "sport" transmission mounts. I've felt no more vib's though the car or any increased noise with the solid mounts.
Highly recommended in my books.

Fitted the RSR engine bar this morning. Throttle response in corners feels a little better to me but it could just be a head thing. Going to try and get the trans mounts changed this afternoon after Xmas shopping if I can. I did start the job but ran out of time. They do look like they have seen better days though. When I jacked the box up to take the weight there was quite a bit of movement in them.
The RSR bar feels ALOT stiffer than the stock bar. I could flex it (the stock bar) quite easily with my hands. Not so much the new bar.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)