View Single Post
Bad LT

OK got a bit more of a drive into day. The trans mounts have introduced slightly more trans noise. Not really an issue for me but if you want more comfort than performance it could be.
Another thing I noticed after fitting the RSR bar was that when I put the car on stands to do the trans mounts was that one of the stand was short buy a couple of mm. This points to me the that it was the finishing touch on tying the back end up. It also felt like it 3 wheeled for a second when turning out my driveway. Unfortunately with the heavy rain I didn't get to take if for a good drive but as a whole its a better car for sure.
One the big plus side it was great to have a working heater again!

Found some time this afternoon to get the car back up on stands so I whipped off the right rear wheel and measured up the inside offset I need to order. If I run without spacers I can get away with 6" inner barrels and 7" dish on the outer barrels. So I'll end up with a 18"x13" wheel. But and isn't there always a but? I am very close to the outer lip of the guard. It will defiantly need the lip rolled but I think we should be close to gold. So I think the best thing to do is order some barrels and just suck it and see!
This shot from when I first flipped the centres shows just how close it is.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)