View Single Post
Bad LT

Well at 12.01pm today I had NFI about 40mm IDA 3C Weber carbs. Now at 12.01am I know quite a bit more. Enough that I am going to buy a AFM and start to play with tuning them myself.
Anyhoo I pulled them apart to change gets etc but that all turned to poo when the wrong jets turned up. IDA jets yes. IDA 3C jets no. So I thought bugger this and I'll make the best out of it while I am here. This lead me to thinking what the hell should I do? I know! Airflow is best when there are smoother surfaces for it to flow in. So with this in mind I got to polishing stuff.. Will it add any power? Who knows, probably not but at least I feel like i got something done and its better than watching TV.

Equipment.

I spent some time smoothing out cast marks and knife edging the pipes.

Before and mostly after. It was a bugger doing inside the pipes!

Before and almost done. Primaries.

Done.

You didn't think I would miss the stacks did you!

And back on. I'll do the other bank tomorrow. Now I know how to work on them it should take half as long and I wont bother to pull the carb off the car.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)