View Single Post
beancounter

Let me understand correctly: you are interested in buying this car to prove to yourself that the 930 is somehow less pure (and therefore less desirable) than a perfect SC?

Well...let me be the first to say that if you don't like incredible speed and power, a raw and visceral driving experience, coupled with heart melting good looks, then you may prove yourself correct. If the idea of a sexier, faster, and more intense version of your SC does not sound appealing, then you may prove yourself correct.

OR

You will realize how your SC is puny and insignificant next to the mighty 930, and you'll sell it so that you can focus on the care and feeding of your turbo charged beast.

I don't know that car, but it appears to be nicely prepared. A lightened 930 in capable hands can be an absolute track weapon. I am still working on becoming a "capable" 930 pilot on the track, but even now with some limited experience under my belt I can say that there is nothing like the feeling of keeping pace with modern machinery in a 30 year old "classic". When you get to the end of a session, and the guy in the GT3 walks over and points to your car and says "holy $hit that thing is fast" it's absolutely priceless. My car is not lightened either...maybe someday.

Last edited by jwasbury; 02-15-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 02-15-2013, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)