View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Brandon,
I would suggest you get a set of the pressure gages and take a reading of where you are currently so you have a good base point. Then you can start adjusting the WUR against the AF ratio to dial in where you need to be because in the end, that is what is important to your engine running long and strong.
If things get out of tune badly during your tuning, you can always go back to your starting point on the gages that you took initially.
I would also want to know what pressures I wound up with in the end after the tuning anyway, so thats where the pressure gages would come in handy again.
As far as tuning the WUR, Leask should have a pretty good instruction manual provided with the kit, read it over a few times to see how everything interacts before breaking out the allen keys.
However, Mooney265 pretty much nails it in his explanation above.

I would like to know if Brian Leask has some sort of chart of CIS pressure versus AF ratio that he obtained somewhere. I dont know how else he can set the pressures so close according to your engine build when he sends the unit back to you....thats the hard part.

Fred
PS: The parts for your adjustable wastegate are getting done. Still waiting on 2 components to be turned by the machine shop....I am hoping he can complete them within the next 2 weeks. It should be a nice piece when I send it out to you.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)