View Single Post
I would rather be driving

My EFI conversion method

I know there are many ways to get injector support hardware onto a 930. The two most simple ways are an injector block that replaces the stock injector mounts/blocks and the 3.2 manifold. The injector blocks are available from several sources with pricing that starts about $1000. a Carrera manifold is slightly cheaper but then there is the added expense of putting new rubber in the fuel rails and most likely plumbing a new intercooler as the stock system does not fit. Either way, its money that has to be spent.

So I thought I would come up with a cost effective method for adding EFI to a stock injector block. Some of you might have a spare set of these lying around. You might also have a willingness to drill and tap them one size larger. You see the stock threads are too small diameter to support an EFI injector. But an M12 thread gets you something like this...

I have several sets made. The cost is considerably cheaper than other systems. Out the door will be less than $300 including fuel rails. I will also consider modifying your stock blocks on an exchange basis.

When combined with some long tip injectors ( I like the Seimens Deka) this offers an alternative solution to EFI injector installation. You can remove all of the CIS system and run EFI on an otherwise stock manifold.

I will have more updates with the adapters come back from the platers. Consider a set for your next EFI project.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)