View Single Post
Rocket Scientist

I did not find it necessary to make any adaptor with the newer Siemens (now Continental) Deka VI injectors, which are slimmer and have an extended nozzle tip (see pics). This result was not achieved with hand drilling. It was on a milling machine. I would use new injector blocks, as the plastic warps over time and makes the surfaces non-parallel.

THE DOWNSIDE WITH THIS APPROACH IS THAT YOU CANNOT ENLARGE THE PORT DIAMETER. The metal injector blocks, while heavy, do permit larger port diameters.

When making a rail, be sure to include two different methods for securing the injectors to the rail. I like to use the stock clips to secure the injector to the rail, and the method shown in the picture to hold the injectors in the engine. This provides fuel system integrity on par with production vehicles.

The injector cone angle should be around 15 to 20 degrees, depending on port diameter. Do not use a pencil spray. Injection timing is more important than any tweeking of angle beyond this range. DO NTO USE INJECTORS FROM FOUR VALVE ENGINES. They almost always have twin pencil sprays, which just spray fuel on our port walls. They will work, but not that great.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)