View Single Post

Garage
RarelyL8 930 headers for trade?

I'd be interested in trading my set of RarelyL8 headers straight up for a set of Fabspeed headers with someone in a warmer climate or who is experiencing boost creep with their setup and needs a better header for their power level.

I had documented my purchase and installation of them 3 years ago here on Pelican:
My RarlyL8 header install

The obvious question is why step back in terms of sound, performance and 321-stainless quality, and the answer for this owner/this car is "heat". Herein lies the reason I am offering these for sale.
This is a bone stock street car save for the 7006, 1 bar spring and headers. After three shortened seasons due to no heat, I received a set of the heat boxes. Unfortunately, the heat output is marginal here in the NorthEast. And, I can smell exhaust briefly in the cabin when I'm under full boost, due to what looks like some faint carbon tracking right at the 3-1 collector joints. None under normal driving. Brian suggested some heatwrap or insulation to seal off the heatboxes from the collector joint. I'm sure it could be done but even after that, the fact is the heat doesn't cut it. It's a good defroster but below 35*F it doesn't blunt the cold.

I've put maybe 10k on them since the installation and other than the darker color, they are as new in terms of condition and performance. The sound of the exhaust is unique in a good way and the quicker spool and top end rip with my 7006 is great.

I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd put it out there. Would also (secondarily) consider a nice half bay long-neck intercooler kit.

Feel free to post here or PM with inquires.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)