View Single Post

Garage
Sorry for the double post. We will chalk that up to old guy + computer glitch! I thought that my first post was a bit harsh and tried to edit it.

The only truly Ultra-Smith parts beyond the RUF Mods is the built in Radar Detector, a lock box, one touch electric windows, custom stereo and the "winkler". I can flip a switch and when I put the car in reverse, the license plate folds down and revels a back up light. Apparently it is referred to as the Winkler. I can not imagine paying for that! They did not do the 3.4 ltr upgrade, 5 speed, or a RUF Intercooler. So I call it half a RUF BTR! I have a RUF Intercooler but I still need to get it installed. The interior upgrades are the real gem of this little beast. Every knob was wrapped in leather and the seats were piped in black. All carpets replaced by RUF carpets.

I am trying to collect some data on the car. I am told it was the show car that Ultra-Smith used as a demo. Unfortunately I can not find any documentation to prove it. All I have is the original window sticker for the stock 930 and a list of options with no prices. Another one of the Pelican's sent me a Ultra-Smith Price sheet so I have an idea of what all of it cost in 1986.

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior

Last edited by 1986 930; 02-20-2013 at 03:54 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 03:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #631 (permalink)