View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Good luck, the fs may offer less performance, maybe......But, the heat actually works pretty well I must admit.
Welcome to try mine out one day if u want to take a ride.
Thanks for the offer. I'd love to but I have no time to myself. This summer for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
I just installed the heater boxes on mine and work prrrrreeeettty good, not as good as the OEM, but reasonably good considering all the plusses.
Glad to hear yours worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Ken's headers were Gen I units as can be seen in the top photo. The tension springs are no longer used as we found them not necessary. These headers were designed strictly for performance and heater boxes were not a consideration at that time. The boxes made for Ken have gaping holes to accommodate the springs. The Gen II heater boxes do not have these holes and are much tighter tolerance. We are now on Gen III which is a vast improvement over the originals.
Ah, yes... poor Ken! That kind of reads like it's my fault for buying your headers when I did. LOL. To be fair, I did wait three years for them but you did not charge me for the heat boxes.

I do hope to properly communicate to the next Pelicanite that might swap with me for these headers to have the facts. I don't want anyone to misunderstand the reason I'm shopping them and then get some bad karma on the board. The collector joints leak, it gets into the boxes I have (not the boxes I wish I had), and the cabin smells like exhaust under boost when the heat is on. Maybe the three way should be welded. That might do it. But the heat would always be compromised with these gaps.
Right hand side: I dremel'd off the spring hoops for clearance as advised.

Left Hand side:

Note some of the carbon soot on the box from joint:
Old 02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)