View Single Post
Detached Member

I won't get to use it too much for the next month or two, as I will be traveling a lot for work.

The attraction is that my current trailer I have to borrow my Son's Tacoma, hook it up, open it up, load it up, close it up. Travel, open it up, empty it out, camp, load it up again when I leave. It takes an hour or more for each load in/load out. For the new one from closed, I park level it automatically, hook up water and power in about 5 minutes. I'm more willing to go for the weekend at the beach with this.

Five year plan, I retire, sell my SoCal house,(hopefully for stupid money) buy a place, thinking about Coeur d' Alene, ID for the Summers and my condo in Ventura county (CA) for the Winters. Stay in ID for six months plus 1 day, so I don't pay CA income taxes.

Maybe take some road trips.

From BAZ: That's just for you and the Mrs.?

That thing is HUGE!

For two of us, its the right size, at 29 feet, I can use all the CA state parks. We looked at larger units, but decided we wanted to be able to camp on the Beach (30 foot limit). The dinette and the sofa will sleep one adult each or two grand kids each (which I don't have yet). It will tow the wife's Mazda 3 easily. I may look into what it takes to tow the 84 Targa, I think that requires a front or rear wheel dolly, not sure yet.

Last edited by Hugh R; 02-24-2013 at 09:37 AM..
Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)