View Single Post

I have 930 rotors and brakes on my 911S, very similar to your set up. Early on, I had significant problems with a pulsating brake feel, to the point there was significant fore/aft motion felt in the cockpit.

Had the rotors checked for runout, disassembled the whole thing a few times without material improvement. Finally one of the old mechanics at the Porsche dealer felt that I may be getting some pad build up on them as I was (typically) using the brakes lightly in traffic. He suggested serious and very hard braking in a set, enough to get everything good and hot and then let the pads do the cleaning as it were (I had tried different sets - Pagid to the current Mintex).

Well, hallelujah, it worked....so whilst I would not suggest that is your problem, just for guys who have the cross drilled rotors, if you unexpectedly get pulsing - it may be resins bonding rather than a warp in the actual disc.

This was supported by an article published by Stop Tech (not sure if they are around anymore) that gave detailed analysis of causes and remedies for pulsing brakes.

Dennis
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)