Thread: 934 stress
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
When I came on this site years ago I caught wind I just missed a protracted discussion (argument) regarding Gray Market cars so I never offered my experience regarding them and that time frame.
I have no doubt there were many cars that were new, "O" miles and would make good collector cars if not for the fact many others were tired, badly abused samples that were trashed then brought to this country and given a new history.
I saw it, it happen and I for one believe some were so good at the fraud all
suffer(ed) from it. In my opinion none of these cars will ever be investor quality.
The practical reason for using your '80 TURBO vs. anything else is cost and in a more fundamental way realism. No your car will not have factory build and racing pedigree but it is a true 930 not a warmed over 911. You will not lose money on the donor car sold as 934, or returned to stock appearance.
Didn't the 934, as well as the 930's start life as a 911? Once the Suspension, Flares and Drivetrain added, does it really make any difference?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)