View Single Post

Well, nevermind, I answered my own question. I'm a semi stay at home dad so I do most of my projects during my 2 year old's nap. I pulled the sunroof apart during the nap, went back out after down for the night and found exactly what I thought.

It's probably helpful for others to know, I can't imagine mine is the only car where someone has just held the button down too long waiting for the sunroof to open. Meanwhile the cables run out past the gears and eventually there's nothing left for the gears to grab. I opened the gear mechanism (mentioned in all of the rebuild articles) by removing the two screws and could see the ends of the cables that originally attach to the slider mechanism. Since the open end of the guide has all of the extra cable hanging out I just slid it all back in by hand, but you could also just push enough through to get the gears to grab and let the motor do the rest.

What a great article, I love how resourceful Pelicanites are, I'm saving money all over the place!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)