Thread: 934 stress
View Single Post
beancounter

Who are you, and what have you done with Todd?

You drove this car across country with a bicycle strapped to the tea tray spoiler using bungie cords and your dog sitting in the front seat. It's the tracdog, what's the point of it if you're going to stress about value?

As you know, mods will often hurt value when a car becomes a hot "collector commodity". My question is how much value is lost and relative to what base? Tracdog isn't going to command a market premium anyway. If we assume the market value of 930s rises modestly over the next few years (or decades), whether tracdog has been cut or not it's not going to be your rolling 401(k). If we suppose for a moment that the 930 is the next RS Carrera, then someone will pay stupid money for it (just the VIN, really) even if you build one of those ugly frankenporsches using Fiero, Corvette, TransAm body parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dreizig View Post
I'm stressing about cutting off my fenders and turning my track dog into a 934 replica.. With the value of our cars going up I'm temped to not do it.. What do you guys think it ultimately will do to the value ? This isn't a beauty queen by any means and is primarily a track car.. what do you guys think?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)