View Single Post

Howiee,

I'm doing this right now. Mine are sport seats out of an 84'. I bought my leather seat covers from World Upholstery. I've taken the old seat covers off and taken pics each step of the way so far. I'm also going to take pics as I reinstall the new covers. It's not very hard at all, just takes time. You may run into issues with the foam that is on the original seats having shrunk, if so the new covers are loose. You may need to cover the existing foam with a layer of 1/2" foam to make up the difference or you can also try to steaming the old foam pads to make them swell back up. If the pads are in too bad of shape you may need to replace them. They are only available from the dealer or at least that's the only place I have found them at. Send me a private message and I'll send you info and pics, along with whatever tips I can. The cost of the leather seat covers is about $900 (US) I don't know what vinyl covers cost but probably about 1/2 that. The folks at World Upholstery are pretty friendly and will do whatever they can to make you purchase right. Make sure you know what year car your sport seats are out of.

Dan O
84' 3.2 Targa

Last edited by Dan Owens; 03-16-2003 at 05:55 AM..
Old 03-15-2003, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)