View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip j View Post
I also have a S wheel with a malfunctioning horn. Does the horn ring assembly come with the hub kit? Philip
Nope, both the horn assembly and the 3 special fat countersunk allen screws to bolt the wheel itself to the hub adaptor should come with the wheel (which is, BTW, an Aitwe Indianapolis, or an Aitwe Formel 360 wheel, aka a "Typ 32" or KB70111 wheel. Even people who will tell you that the one in the Porsche box is magically different admit that it has the same markings on the back - because Aitwe made them all).

I bought a few replacement horn assemblies from, if memory serves, lenkendradshop.de on Ebay.de, who also stocked the horn pads and the screws. However, that web site doesn't seem to be live any more - and I see no Aitwe parts listed on eBay - eine der größten deutschen Shopping-Websites currently.

Aitwe is owned by RAID now; it's fairly hard work to buy parts through them, as they apparently can't readily look up part #'s for their own products... So, although they tried to help, I ended up buying all the screws, horn pads, horn rings etc. elsewhere. The RAID website Tuning r.d.i. Webshop doesn't seem to list any Aitwe parts at all now...

Last edited by spuggy; 03-12-2013 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Clarify wording...
Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)