View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Mark,
I know what your saying. Alot of issues with overboosting come up on the forum attributed to the elephant nose design of the typical GSF or B&B headers.

Of course this is part of the problem but I wonder if the wastegate leakage is another big factor. Its funny you found this in your case and I had a few instances last summer when I might have overboosted and nailed the overboost cutoff switch myself.

I have been wondering if the Tial has a different design that avoids this issue or do you think it was just the fact it was a new unit and everything is tight?
Did you ever take a look at the way Tial handles the valve stem and guide interface? I wonder if they run a seal on top to prevent leakage.

I will dig deeper and see what I can find on the forums.

Thanks,
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-15-2013, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)