View Single Post

Connecting the hole on the end of the vacuum pot arm onto the pin it goes on is not fun because you can't see what you're doing in there while you're doing it and everything has to be positioned just right...
I've done it a few times and it's a relief when it's hooked up. Then carefully hold the vacuum pot in place and screw the two screws in that hold it to the distributor housing.

As far as the rotor goes none of the bosch rotors are reliable over the long run with MSD because trhe suppresion resisitor built into all of them can't handle the higher voltage MSD blasts through them. Some may last longer than others but always carry a spare if you are using a bosch rotor.

I used to solder a copper wire across the top of bosch rotors on BMW's and on my 930 distributor when running MSD ignition until I heard about the Napa EP 407 rotor that fits perfect and is exactly the same shape as the bosch rotor and it has no resistor.
It is metal all the way across the top.

It also only cost about $4 at my local Napa when I bought one a few years ago.
Much better rotor.. here's a picture of one from the internet.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)