View Single Post

Garage
Looking to replace windshield with OEM unit

Well I was out for a drive last weekend and my original Sigla windshield ate a large rock. Took a nice chunk out of the glass. Anyway, my '89 turbo cab is bone stock so I'd like to replace the windshield with an OEM unit.

There is one glass guy in the Montgomery, AL area who is familiar with these cars, but he has to source his glass directly from the Porsche dealer (he was told there are 24 different windshields for my car . . . not sure if this is true). I need the green tinted unit with the built in antenna. All told, the bill comes close to $1400 (around $950 for the glass, $200 for the molding, $150 for the installation, plus tax). My insurance will cover, however I am seeing if there is anyone out there who has sourced OEM replacement glass before and what, if any advice you would offer. I figured I'd ask before pulling the trigger on a dealership-supplied windshield. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)