View Single Post

Good question....I'm listening.

I hooked up with an asteroid last summer that smacked a tennis ball size break....damn near came clean through (well, almost). Scared the piss outa me, and of course pissed me off big time!

I 'sourced' an excellent condition used shield for a couple hundred (some dismantler in Florida). Has the windshield radio wire, and the green tint (which I don't like, but the price was right). Bought a new seal for something like $60, so all if have to do is get my ass in gear and pull out the bad and in with the new. The rubber seal has to be cut out and destroyed in order to remove the metal trim that's wedged into a groove. Put a new rubber seal on the 'shield, snap in the metal trim, then 'rope' the 'shield back into the car. Sounds simple....we'll see.
I don't think you'll find OEM anywhere than through Porsche. Lots of aftermarket out there for a fraction of the cost. OTherwise, I think the quoted price is pretty much normal for OEM replacement.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)