View Single Post
Registered

Garage
hey guys,thanks for the compliments!As far as the offsets,Im not sure,but I do not have the factory spacer on the rear.I really looked into the tire options for the wheels and didn't see anything I liked as far as brands and sizes.I considered the 315 rears but I had them on the HRE wheels at first and they rubbed.granted the HRE wheels are 18s but the 315 tires in the 17 inch diameter are damn near as tall,so I wanted to avoid rubbing/lifting the car again.

Everything else was funky brand that I refuse to use or track tires.I remembered that Singer uses these same wheels on their 911 and when I looked into that,sure as hell they ran 17 x9 fronts and 17x11 rears with PS2s.So I saw the sizes they were using and figured I would try it.My main thing was to have a better ride then the low pro tires on the 18s while also loosing some unsprung weight,hence the smaller 8.5 fronts.I have also removed the spare tire in the front,the tool kit and any other BS stuff that could cut me a few pounds.I had a lightweight 911SC for the past couple years and I missed the light steering in the car,granted it had a killer suspension set up as well.

I haven't had to much time to drive the 930 with the ZFs but I am kind of thinking I should have went with the 17x9 fronts and a 245/45.

Last edited by nippy; 03-20-2013 at 06:55 AM..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)