View Single Post

[QUOTE=mark houghton;7347384] If I recall, in order to remove the windshield one first has to remove the metal trim piece that's in the seal grove....which can't be done without destroying the trim UNLESS you take an exacto knife and cut through the seal at a angle beneath the trim piece to 'relieve' it; then you can pull it out.
QUOTE]
I've never installed the windsheild, and like tire mounting it's one of those things I'd rather pay a professional to do. It's very difficult to do by yourself and I always do everything by myself with car repairs and maintenance so without a helper it's too easy to slip and dent the cowl or hood and break the glass.

When I had my car painted The windsheild and everything else was removed and the front fenders loosened and pulled away about a half inch so paint couild spray in the gap smoothly.

The windsheild gasket was only 2 or 3 years old from the previous owner and in fine shape so it was not cut to remove the windsheild and they put the same gasket back in and reused it after painting the car.
I wasn't there so I don't know how the glass guys did it but for about $150 it was well worth it.
The origonal '87 windsheild with it's built in FM antennae is still in the car.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)