View Single Post
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
I researched this quite awhile ago and somewhere have a copy of instructions for replacing the windshield. Seems a couple of you have gone down that road. If I recall, in order to remove the windshield one first has to remove the metal trim piece that's in the seal grove....which can't be done without destroying the trim UNLESS you take an exacto knife and cut through the seal at a angle beneath the trim piece to 'relieve' it; then you can pull it out.

To install the windshield, you do it as a unit with first installing the new seal on the window itself and then pressing in the metal trim....then rope the window into the car.

Is this close to what y'all have done?
Yes, this is exactly it. I found that the easiest way to install the rubber trim and metal trim on is to lay the windshield over a box where the edges hang off all the way around. It also helps if the trim is a little warm. It is easiest on a warm day where you can lay the rubber in the sun for a few minutes.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)