View Single Post

Well, I'm not sure what to tell you.
When I learned about this non resistor EP 407 rotor I didn't go on the web looking for it, I called the local NAPA store directly here in West Palm Beach, Florida and asked the guy on phone if he had one.
He said he had to order it and I had come in and pay the approximately $4 in advance for it. I did that and in a couple few days he called me and said it came in.
I went and got it and it has been in my distribtor since.

That was around 4 or 5 years ago and the one I got is a cream color hard plastic instead of the black one in the picture I saved and posted recently.

Just trying to help and I just googled it again and someone on EBAY is selling them.
His EBAY ad doesn't say it's for a porsche but that doesn't matter because the european cars listed use Bosch distributors and some of the old euro and american BMW distributors are the same as the old Porsche distributors or they are very similar and use alot of the same parts including the ignition rotor.

The resistor in the bosch rotor is under the black epoxy strip and it is there for electrical radiation noise suppression, just like resistor wires or resistor wire spark plug caps, and resistor spark plugs often used.

Here's the current ebay ad for the EP 407 rotor. Iit sure looks the same shape as the bosch 930 rotor.
Look at the picture of the box - it says NAPA on it...

So, I suggest you call a local NAPA STORE and ask them. That's usually way more accurate and up to date than what some website IT guy put on the website.
New Napa Echlin Distributor Rotor EP 407 EP407 Alfa Ford Mercury BMW | eBay
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)