View Single Post

Wow, thanks for all the compliments!

Someone asked about the wheels.
They are RH 3.6 speedline copies made with 930 offset. The fronts are 18x8.5" with 225x40 Falken Azensis RT 615 tires but I would rather have 245 or 255mm wide tires to reduce understeer. I had the same Falkens in 315x30 on the back but they wore out.

The rears are 18x11 with Pirelli P Zero 315x30 tires that I bought from a pelican member for $400 shipped. I couldn't resist that deal.
The rear wheels were origonally 18x10 in 930 offset when I bought them used with bent outer rim halfs.
I bought new outer rim halves that were 1" wider than the origonal bent ones from Jim Dorociak and rebuilt the wheels myself. By doing that the wheels went from 10" bead to bead to 11" and then I installed the wheels without the origonal 930 rear spacers.
The wheel centers of these RH 3.6 style wheels still clear the rear calipers without the spacers and the inner side and tires clears the oil lines on the right side with some room to spare. Works real well and makes the already deep dish another inch deeper.

The airdam is a DP 935 style. It has a B&B oil cooler behind it and I need to remove it and strip all the ugly peeling black paint off it. Then I want to cut down an SC plastic rear lid grill I have and install it instead of the hardware cloth screen I have in there now.

The DP airdam and oil cooler were on the car when I bought it. They were one of the selling points for me.
The interior color is Linen.
The origonal options were sport seats and limited slip differential.

All this nice response from you guys is inspiring and nice, thanks!
Now I want to take some more pics of it with an ocean background and I'll add them to this thread later.

Jim
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)