Thread: tone mapped 930
View Single Post

Thanks, I used an HDR program called photomatix pro 4.2

It's mostly for taking bracketed exposures of the same image on a tripod and then merging them together to get a high dynamic range photo from them.

It also has all these cool presets for painterly or surreal or a whole bunch of others preset effects. I just got the program recently and just started playing with it and learning it. HDR photography has been around for a while now so I'm late at getting into it.
It's really good for merging interior and outdoor bracketed exposure photos of houses and buildings and anything elsefor real work stuff and it also has all these artsy effects you can do.

This one of my car was from one single image and it's amazing the variety of tone mapping effects you can do with this program. You can do similar stuff in photoshop but I want to learn this photomatix 4.2 program now so I can use it for doing interior photography in less time at the house while using fewer lights.
It will be more time on the computer afterwards doing post processing but thats how digital photography is.

Google it and download the trial version if you want to try it.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)