View Single Post

Dear Iromanosky,

Interesting car and unfortunate. I will stick my nose in and suggest that you consider finding a Motronic Ruf or other more advanced engine management if you get another one. It is becoming increasingly difficult to source CIS parts and when you do, they often are not the exact parts you need! The CIS systems are wearing out and especially so with the extra heat associated with turbos.

I don't know if you are familiar with this but Ruf installs a poison pill in their Motronic units that puts it into Fail Safe mode when a tuner attempts to read the coding of the ecu. Only Ruf can put it back in proper working order. I had wondered with the original story line if this could have been what happened, but obviously that was not the case.

I don't blame you for wanting another. If I were in Germany I would have one, but I am lucky to have a talented brother who has helped me build a comparable 930 right here in CA. It can be difficult with these old beasts, but I am so grateful that I don't have to fly someone over from DE to sort out issues.. [of course I DO have to deal with my brother! :-> ]

Happy hunting
JR
Old 04-02-2013, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)