View Single Post

I would have to jack up the car and remove them to see what offset number is stamped on the back of the centers and I'm sorry I just don't feel like doing all that right now.

All I can say is they are RH P-3.6 wheels made for a mid eightees 930 while retaining the origonal rear wheel spacers. The rear wheels were origonally 10" wide and I took off the origonal outer barrels that were bent when I bought the wheels used and installed new 1" wider outer barrels I got from Jim Dorociak to make them into 11" wide wheels. Then I installed the wheels without the origonal 28mm rear spacers. These wheels clear the rear calipers without the rear spacers installed and not all aftermarket wheels will do that.
That keeps the same backspacing but adds another inch to the overall width of the wheel.
After I did that I think he's done the same thing for other people so maybe he knows what the offsets are or what the backspacing is. I don't know if backspacing measurment is the same as offset measurment.

Here's the place that sells these wheels in the USA. Maybe you can figure out the origonal offset of the wheels from there. Maybe calling GMP and asking what offsets fit a stock 930 with the origonal rear spacers installed will help.
RH Wheels Porsche P-3.6 (P2)
Sorry I can't be of more help. I changed the outer barrels or wheel halfs to 1" wider ones. All I know is they fit perfect, look great, and never rub anywhere.

Last edited by JFairman; 04-03-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)