View Single Post

That makes sense Brian. So I was out messing around - doing my little test loop in the car a few minutes ago - I reconnected the O2 sensor and warm idle AFR went from 13.5 to basically 14.7 - stoic. So to experiment I richened it up at the fuel head to try and bring it back to 13.5 warm idle AFR as I've seen mentioned here many times - however idle AFR stayed at stoic - no change. I guess that is what the O2 sensor is trying to do, eh :-) For grins I disconnected the O2 again (after richening it up) and idle AFR was 12.2. So I had made a noticeable adjustment. So I guess my question is since I will retain the full lambda system on the car - what do (or how do I) tune the warm idle if the O2 will keep it at stoic anyway? I should have watched cruise AFR but I didn't pay attention.

For the record I adjusted the fuel head back so that warm idle with O2 DISconnected was 13.7 then REconnected the O2 sensor. If the O2 will bring it to stoic regardless should I just adjust warm idle to ~stoic with O2 disconnected then?

Thanks for the continued help guys-

P.S. - so whats going to happen when I reconnect the air pump?? Isn't air pumped in before the O2 sensor? I know it affected the readings on the AFR gauge quite a bit - about 4.0 at idle!
Denver, CO

Last edited by turbo ride; 04-03-2013 at 07:12 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)