View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
I am reviving this in hope of more advice.

First, I know, I owe you pictures of my car, but I have been traveling most of the time since posting this, with only little time with the 930.

I got two reasons to want other wheels on my 930.
1. Looks, want wider.
2. Tire availability on the 16" rims is limited and getting worse it seems.

If it made sense, I would put on 15 or 16" but it is in direct conflict with reason #2. Hence out of the question.

This leaves 17&18" as the options. I think 18" would be best for tire availability, but what would you guys recommend?

I have been looking and inquiring on wheels here on PP, but been rather indecisive, since fitment and the above consideration did not add up.
I am considering having a set of wheels build, but that would exclude me from getting some of my favorites, BBS mag motorsports.
If I had them build, it would prob be black anodized classic CCWs

Because of the change in handling going from 16 to 17 or even more so up to 18s, I know, it will be a compromise, but I simply can't afford TB15 tires or the likes which smaller diameter wheels would require.

Give me your 2c, please
I moved to 17s because of tire availability and wider sizes. You can go either 17 or 18, but I prefer 17s because the slightly taller sidewall gives a better ride. Standard +1 sizing would give you a 255, but I run a 275. With wider rims, you can go to 315 depending on offset.

Have you considered Euromeister Fuchs replicas? I have a set of 17s, but never had the time to mount tires. They are quite light and you will retain the classic Fuchs look at a very reasonable price.
14 535i M Sport
Old 04-06-2013, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)