View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Oh...and one more thing...spend the time to review all the posts in the sticky "my car won't start". That's what it's there for, to point you where to start looking. Meanwhile, we'll collectively give you enough direction to make your head spin :-)
Thanks Mark, I saw it and will check it out further. The tricky thing is, this being a non EPA / euro version, there are probaby quite a few wiring differences over the 86 and newer cars. I'm using the 78-79 version schematics as the closest examples, so I hope I'm not too far off.

Thanks for the fuel pump advice, I appreciate that additional info. I pulled the plugs and they are slightly damp looking, but not wet .... so I'm assuming it's still getting fuel ok. I'll do that test as you recommended just to be sure.

The MSD fuse is ok. The harness looks original so I have to find the disconnect in getting power to the MSD. I'll have time on Friday to dig in deeper. It shouldn't take too much. I'm wondering now about the health of my ignition coil... or what may have happened to blow that fuse in the first place.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)