Thread: 1st Engine Drop
View Single Post

Garage
Well I got the last remaining underside bits disconnected. I am approaching the home stretch.

Here is what I got completed tonight.

1. Removed clutch cable.
2. Removed return spring.
3. Previous owner used a twisted wire inplace of the c-clip Removed this and drop the lower lever arm.
4. Put a c clamp on the omega spring, compressed it, and removed it very easily with no drama.
5. Removed upper lever arm.
6. Next I turned my attention to the CV bolts. I used a M8 allen bit. I used a 16" breaker bar. Bolts loosened very easily. PB Blaster must have helped.
One trick was to hold the left and right wheels while loosening the CV bolts.
I left the CV bolts in place until I drop the motor and tranny.
7. Next I disconnected the lines going to the wastegate.

One last thing that I still need to do is to zip tie the loose wire and cables out of the way of the engine and tranny.

1988 Porsche 930 Targa - 3.4L Twin Plug Motor, DC 13 Cams, Supertec Head Studs, ARP Rod Bolts, Port and Polished Heads, Garretson Andial Intercooler, GSX 61 BB Stage 5Turbo, Tial F46 WG .8 Bar Spring, PowerHaus Headers, Rarly8 Dual Tip Muffler, MS3 Pro EFI conversion, 57lbs. Cobra Injectors, Center Force Stage 2 Clutch , Rebuilt 4 Speed with LSD.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)