View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
The reason the billet fuel rails have -10 AN fittings is the bore size of the rail. Billet rails are made out of stock extrusions which have a large bore. the smallest AN fitting you can machine on a bore of that size is a -10
I understand why they have the -10 fitting on them... I was referring to the fact that for our engines, we dont need anything that large....

You can get a -8 or -6 extrusion for the same price as the -10 stuff.... If you look at the top of the injector, it is a very small opening.. now add 5 more injectors. A -6 bore size is plenty big to feed the amount of flow you would need. I have (6) ID1000 (100lb) injectors... I will probably have to sell those and go bigger in the future, as they will be the limiting factor on my fuel system... not the -6 size
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)