View Single Post

Wow, the car looks great!

I apologize if you already know this stuff.

I believe CIS on SC's usually run a very flat AFR curve from idle to peak rpm so it is surprising you are getting leaner with increased RPM. (not under boost)

I suspect your WUR warm control pressure is a bit high which keeps the metering plat from advancing as fast as it should with increased in air flow. Or you could have an intake leak after the metering plate.

If control pressure was low you would naturally get richer with increases in RPM.

If you are going to tune this beast you have to have a set of CIS gauges.

If you are going to try the 930 WUR it might be worth checking your present control pressure as a reference point. Also should look up stock control pressures for the SC and the 930 for reference. This will give you and idea how far you need to be able to adjust the 930 before it will work.

Once you make your 930 adjustable I would think you could hot wire the CIS system (safety & to get 12v to the heat on the WUR) and test the pressure in place before you try to start it.

There is a guy here somwhere that has run an SC turbo for some time. If me I would get with him. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)