View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
I noticed the 935 recently on ebay is/was yours. In Florida for sale? Also I noticed in the ebay ad it lists the first owner of #27 as Claude Haldi in 1978. What about some publications that list the first owner as George Loos of GELCO as per Jurgen Barth? I did not notice it for sale on Pelican or did I miss it?
Hey Tony now I notice you changed your post and threw in that peice about Jurgen Barth

I have conversed with Jurgen many times about this car and maybe you should go look at his new book on the 934/935 that he wrote with Brend Dobronz as I was a contributor to the content and the individual 935 histories

Also you may want to read my ebay auction and notice that I say , and this is a direct quote "930 670 0171 was originally sold to famous Swiss privateer Claude Haldi a veteran of 34 running’s of the famed Le Mans 24 Hour race and 29 outings at the Nurburgring. Haldi was a consistent competitor in European road racing, hill climbs and the Monte Carlo rally."

I have an email from Jurgen telling me the car in question was first owned by Georg Loos and that Loos sold the car to Haldi after the 1976 running of Le Mans. Jurgen has since changed that history and I have no doubt he is 100% correct but yes at first Jurgen thought this was a Loos car.

Since you seem to have some kind of an issue I will be happy to PM you my phone number and why don't you give me a call and we can talk about it.

and if anyone would like to read the auction details shoot me a PM and I will give you a link to it so you can read exactly what it says.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)