View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
That car seems reasonably priced in a comparative way. Here is one @ Elkhart Lake Raod & Track concours in 2009. Asking was around $800 K and they have gone way higher since in recent auctions. My wife was holding the keys in a desperate move to keep me from mortgaging the house and kids. She won, however it would have been nice, especially that it is easily worth twice now.
Tony
One of our old cars that went to Bruce then to rudy junco and then Bud Bennet. Now in Europe and sold for under 700K about 3 years ago when the everything was a bit more scary in the world with the economy... It is a legit Kremer 000013

When we first got it

The yellow 935 #84 on ebay had multiple bidders a few of which I have talked to about buying the car previously. Since I have raced this car in some vintage events and owned it since around 2004 many of the potential buyers just emailed or called me directly when they saw it on ebay. I had an offer higher than the high bid but still not enough.This car was upgraded to 935 spec with all the best 935 parts, upside down gear box, 3.2 twin turbo, the bigger 935 Lockheed calipers, 935 sway bars and 935 titanium axles. So it is not a cobbeled together car it is a legit 935 that finished 8th over all at the daytona 24 Hour in 1981 and 10th at the Molson 1000 in 1981 .

Though the subject car is very nice I would not consider it a 935 replica. It has a 935 nose on it . This is my 935 replica with 3.6 twin turbo and unpside down gear box. Car is now in England with a new owner as of last month.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)