View Single Post
Registerd 930 user nut

Garage
I have been diving into it more and have found this.

Ing. timing is confusing. Starting point for a 930-68 USA is supposed to be 1 +/- 2 deg ADC and final is 26 +/- 1 deg BTDC. at 4000 RPM. I don't have someone to help this week so I cant check 4000 RPM. Doesn't matter because I runs so bad I'm afraid to rev it to 4000. Seems to run better when I turn the distributor all the way to the end of the slot. Dist turned CW to the end of the slot. Throttle response is good. but timing marks off when I check it with a timing light. Around the mid point between TDC and the 26deg mark. Also the vacuum line that has actually has a vacuum on it with the engine warmed up was connected to the retard side of the pot. The side closest to the dist. housing. I switched that around to the outside of the pot away from the dist body. Not sure but if they placed the distributor of by one tooth would that have the same effect? Don't know about the cam timing. He says he has it right but he did say if was off when he checked the engine before rebuild. Not sure about that either as if he cant set the timing right what's to say he has the valve timing right. What a mess.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)