View Single Post

some people should not be allowed to own a car like this. remember the trunk monkey? when people start to hack into the wiring or doing something else stupid to cars like this, a monkey should pop out of the trunk and whack them on the head with a bat.

look at the WIRE NUTS in the back.

the 930 FP circuit is simple but complicated at the same time becuase there are relays operating relays. my biggest question as to the design is if you are going to use one fuse to run 2 pumps, why bother with 2 relays? this is the big problem. one fuse with 2 pumps drawing a lot of current.

do your FP's run with the key on and the engine off? i am betting they do.
there may be other reasons they did this. it could be the FP's were not working and to fix it, they wired them on all the time.

here is how the FP system works:
lets start with the yellow relay in the engine compartment. that relay is controlled by the switch in the AFM. this relays purpose is to provide ground to the red FP relays to energize them.
this ground comes from the overboost switch on the IC. that ground goes thru the 14 pin connector on the relay baord to the speed realy under the seat. this is your rev limiter. it turns off the FP's at redline, hopefully. from here it goes thru the yellow relay then to the 2 FP relays turning them on. simple right?
the other purpose of the replay under the seat is to cut out the O2 sensor after about 3k RPM.

if you want to fix it back to mostly original, search for threads on splitting the circuit off to 2 fuses and go from there.

i would also look into the green wire and the red/w wire with heat shrink on it.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 04-16-2013, 03:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)