View Single Post

Good point on the MSD coil and stock CDI, Jim. I missed that. Regarding AFR's, I run at cruise around 14.4 and at idle around 13.8. All relative as to what your motor likes.

As to the original poster, be aware that AFR readings are dependent upon remaining un-consumed oxygen in the exhaust gas. If you have poor ignition for whatever reason, then your fuel/air mixture may not burn completely and will leave unconsumed oxygen behind. Your oxygen sensor component of your AFR gauge setup will detect that extra O2 and report back a lean condition. Might be why you're seeing 16's at cruise.

As to having too much advanced timing, don't worry you don't have that. I'm running 38 to 40, in that ballpark anyway, at 4000 no-load rpm's. I think Jim's sitting about the same as well.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)