View Single Post

this is how it ran when i bought it, a slight miss that i could hear. then it started to miss where i could feel the vibration through the car. the MSD put it back to the orginal miss.

would un-burned fuel show as lean or as rich? this is kind of like what came first, the chicken or the egg. is the lean mixture causing the miss-fire or is the miss-fire making the mixture read lean? i thought the miss-fire would make it read rich.

i may have to swallow my pride a second time on this one. first i never thought the coil would make it have a miss. i ahve seen them get hot and not work, then cool and work fine.
second, as an electronics tech that has worked all my life on radar that is nothing more than a 60kv 50amp ignition system, for a transmitter, i would never think the impedance of the coil would make a difference for something like a bosch CD unit.

let me check the rotor and the green wire from the dist first before someone sends me a WUR or coil.

i have been thinking about buying a BL WUR. i just dropped $1500 on the mercedes so i was putting it off.

i use to have a 100:1 oscope probe here at work but i have not seen it in years. i looked at the signal to the bosch coil with a 10:1 and i looked at the signal to the MSD. i think the MSD one had a higher voltage. i may go back and compare.

thanks for all the help. i think it is coming down to the coil again or maybe the CD. i really did not think about the effects of the miss on the mixture, just the there was around
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 04-17-2013, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)