View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
I have an MSD programmable 6AL2, and if you have this same unit perhaps the unit is set to "off".
There is an option in the programming of the unit to turn the spark off and perhaps something triggered this and you need to check this to "on" in your PC and re- download your spark program to the unit.
Just a thought, as I noticed this feature while going thru the documentation with the new box of parts.

Also, maybe your little green coax cable from the Dizzy is bad or disconnected as well.

Good luck,
Fred
Thanks Fred nah, the one that died is just the plain jane 6A.

Here is the update: I bench tested the MSD and it did in fact die on me. I'm really glad it died backing out of the garage rather than in traffic or hundreds of miles from home.
There is a simple bench test and it won't spark at all. Luckily I bought a 6AL at a swap meet for a back up years ago and so it came in handy. The car is running again. This is the second ignition that my car has eaten. The first was the permatune that came with the car, and now this MSD. Maybe I should pack a spare under the seat with all the tools to swap it out on the highway.

Thanks everyone for the great support!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)